Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Decessus

She ran her fingers through my hair
caressing a cheek, tickling my nose.
It is high up here.
It is lonely up here.
Just me and the breeze.

Eyes closed yet the Sun beckons still
her warmth burns through, fluorescing. 
Such an alluring red.
In a moment, the pavement
too will be red.

I inhale their expectations
and exhale disappointments.
I inhale my fantasies
and exhale their realities.
This life is small, it is fleeting.
This jar is small, I'm suffocating.

Nothing echoes in my heart
for it is not empty
what's left of it holds no song.
No reason echoes in my mind
for it's left me.
Any such ties I have torn.

Though I stood still...
the skies my fancies flew in
the plains my ego rests in
my vague universe 
my refuge
my love;
She leapt into oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment