Friday, July 29, 2011

Estranged

I know of a place where you and I
will be happier.
A place where no lingering after-images
of yesteryears will haunt us.
A place where we could belong
but not together.

We will find company of each other’s sorts.
People who would understand your visions
and love my art.
Our lonely quest for solitude will end
Our afflicted selves will mend.

I know of a place where you and I
will be sincere.
A place where no affections are affectations
for the unfortunates who reach for us.
A place where we could love everyone
but not each other.

We will find solace for our souls.
Lovers who would ease your boredom
and soothe my woes.
Our detached sensitivities pacified
Our frustrations nullified.

All that we seek we will find
in this place of mine.

But I would rather have you with me.
Such estrangement will kill me eventually
 for I'll be happy yet empty.
This is how lovely I find you
how badly I'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment