Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Almost-Love.

I'll do almost anything for you
even if you do nothing for me.
Just a little acknowledgement from you
means the world to me.
What I feel for you is, Love
unlike that between friends, or even lovers.
For I deem you my almost-soulmate
My cruel yet witty confidant.

Whenever I think of death
I'll think of you. Of writing;
poems, letters. Of painting;
flowers, the Moon, the Sky
all addressed to only two, of which one is you.
My affection for you is quite limitless,
the intimacy I feel for you is a secret
I doubt you'll ever comprehend.

This almost-Love fondness I have for you
is very real to me.
As long as it stays hidden,
untainted by views of our conformist society
but most of all from you whom I Love, almost;
my warped, haloed vision of you (my Muse)
will stay folded in the crook between my soul & sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment