Monday, September 5, 2011

My muse

If there's anything useful I learn from
being acquainted with you
is that in complexity therein
lies absolute beauty.
And that in cruelty there is always;
Love misled
Loyalty betrayed
Promises thwarted.

Nightly tears, daily nightmares
you're my beautiful monster.
The fuel that burns me
thoroughly, for eternity.
I am skewed and debased
in my perception of your true self.
For in my aberrant loyalty to you
lies infinite cruelty.
Truly, I don't care for your humanity
merely your beauty, which I magnify.

For this, I am sorry.
Like all wicked creatures of this world
I scavenge for that which I aim my lust;
Your mind
Your visions
Your past
all I savour, though
I feign anxiety at your expense.

Dear muse,
within all these verses
laced in every single word
is an image of you.
Mutilated by me
so I may breathe my fantasy.
Almost all that I write, if not all
I flaunt your very vulnerability,
my own monstrosity.

_________________________________________________________________

Note: Sometimes I feel the need to debase my naivety in...I'm not sure what word to use, perceiving?...perceiving you because my dignity, self-worth hangs by it. My way of reassuring myself that there's nothing in the slightest bit...wrong with my Muse, which incidentally is what you are to me. 
There, I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment