Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cry to Death.

Stinging your eyes
tears brings you bodily pain
giving leverage to the cuts
bruises or scars you merely feel.
A mechanism that purges you
and drowns you.
It affirms, justifies your right to wallow in hurt.
Often you wonder if it heals
or merely aggravates your grief, rage.

If one looks closely, not with eyes, with humanity
each drop bears an image of the poison
or weapon that inflicted the victim.
Each drop bears life of its own
captured words, actions, expressions. 
A parade of tirades.

But tears, I hate you.
Life does not wait and you stall me.
Wretched tears, you trap me.
You pry me of stately grace
submit me to disgrace.
Indolently sliding, sparkly tears
you bare me my fears.
If all my life is flowed into you
and this lifelessness escalates,
tell me, what of me will be left?

No comments:

Post a Comment