Friday, December 2, 2011

Lightness of being

I walk through the plains of my time and see a friend in the horizon.
His figure, countenance, familiar - unchanging as the Sun.
I approach him to say a greeting but a gust of wind cut me short.
Whistling as it flew past, once the air is still, my friend is no more.
He's caught the winds of change yet I, am still the same.

Buds of sorrow bloom in my chest, its deathly pollen fill my lungs.
Along with it roots of jealousy trace the veins of my heart.
I walk away heavily. A forest of gloom is festering within me.
O Faith! I haven't love you enough. I haven't been receptive.
All this time, I have been cold and pensive. 

I ponder but I am thoughtless. This fluff in my head makes me a sloth.
I look at my friend and his purity whips my consciousness,
this bluff I'm living , I'm really simply drowning.
Folly. All this is folly. If I face the way where lies the House of God
and wait for sunlight, maybe change will dawn on me and I'll float.

No comments:

Post a Comment